I feel it is necessary to give a quick update about what’s going on in my world and why the recent absence on my blog.
1. I attended an AMAZING art retreat last Thursday – Sunday which I will post lots more about in the coming weeks.
2. I have been studying hours upon hours for my comprehensive exams. I take my exams on the 5th and must pass all four sections in order to graduate.
3. I am trying really hard to keep up with friends, family, facebook, blogs, and pinterest. Those last 3 are pretty non-existent right now.
4. Mostly though, I am incredibly blessed by the number of internship interviews I have been given. I can’t wait to blog about the stories behind each hospital. So far, I have interviewed with:
- Children’s Mercy in Kansas City, MO
- Children’s National in Washington D.C.
- MUSC in Charlotte, SC
- CHOP in Philadelphia, PA
- Children’s Memorial Hermann in Houston, TX
I have scheduled interviews with:
- Children’s Mercy in Kansas City, MO (SECOND ROUND)
- Cook Children’s in Fort Worth, TX
- MD Anderson in Houston, TX
- Cardon Children’s in Mesa, AZ
And I am waiting to hear back from Pittsburgh about scheduling.
Today, starts the week whirlwind of interviews. I drove into Houston to interview with Memorial Hermann this afternoon. On Sunday, I’m flying to South Carolina for an in-person second round interview. This is very unexpected, but so exciting! A 24 hour round trip is bound to be memorable. Monday, I fly back to Houston. Tuesday, I interview with Cook’s and MD Anderson just over the phone (thank goodness). Arizona is on Wednesday and who knows what else may be scheduled between here and there.
Offer decisions will be made on October 9th. That’s just 12 days away. I am so ready for these days to pass so my life can settle down. Surprises are exciting, but make me anxious and stressed.
If you are wondering where I am at and what I am doing, just check my facebook or instagram feed. I’ll be keeping those updated. And in the meantime, say a prayer that I trust God and His crazy BIG plans for me. He knows where I need to be.
Lots of joy and blessings to y’all!